It’s here and it’s spectacular. We named Desert Daze 2017 our favorite festival of the year, and that’s saying something based on how many of the world’s best music festivals we attend annually. The event will take place October 12-14 and tickets go on sale March 30th. Weekend General Admission passes are $279, while GA+Camping passes $379. Payment plans will be announced soon. Kids under 10 are free and tier are varied and offer different benefits. More details can be found here.
The event takes place in Lake Perris this year in an incredibly scenic area closer to Riverside rather than Joshua Tree, which is where it’s been the last few years. We look forward to the change and are incredibly excited for 2018’s iteration of the annual event.
Check out the full lineup in all its glory below.
All in all, it’s an incredible lineup and easy shot at fest of the year title again for 2018. Make sure to check our recap of last year here.
More about the event:
There will be three outdoor stages including 1 large tent featuring live music, films, talks, workshops, and other alternative programming, and 1 camping stage at the Mystic Bazaar, with tea and cacao ceremonies, yoga, tarot, seminars, late night films, and music.
– Moon Stage: The first of two main stages that alternate back and forth. This one is located on the beach, with the lake, Allesandro Island, and Bernasconi Hills as it’s backdrop.
– Block Stage: The second of two main stages, located on the lawn, a hop, skip and a jump away from Moon Stage and the Marketplace.
– The Theater: Our 3rd stage will live inside a beautiful tent with amazing video screens + projection artists, located near the Canteen, and the Square, at the opposite end of the festival grounds as the Block Stage and the marketplace. Also a short walk from the Moon Stage.
Our beautiful new location has 360 views of mountain ranges, rock formations, and untouched wilderness. The venue is called Moreno Beach @ Lake Perris State Recreation Area. It’s located 1.5 hours SE of Los Angeles, CA, nestled between the San Jacinto and San Bernardino Mountains.
Desert Daze returns October 12th – 14th for it’s 7th annual celebration of music, art, culture and nature, featuring Phase One confirmed artists, Tame Impala, Mercury Rev performing Deserter’s Songs to celebrate the 20th anniversary, Warpaint, Ty Segall & White Fence, Malcom Mooney of Can, Connan Mockasin, and Chelsea Wolfe with more headliners and additions to follow. Cited as “a chance to escape the world as we know it” (Billboard) and a “a surrealist’s playground that reminds us what festivals were like before festivals were Festivals™” (Noisey), Desert Daze 2018 brings its unique brand of hermetic fantasy universe to Moreno Beach, in the Valley of the Unbroken Horizon, at Lake Perris, in Southern California.
This year, inter-dimensional transmissions have summoned Desert Daze to a new location. Lake Perris, nestled between the San Jacinto and San Bernardino mountains in Moreno Valley, features a beautiful lake, hundreds of acres of natural wonders, several species of local wildlife, desert and costal sage, brush, & cacti. RV and tent camping will be available in well-maintained state park facilities, including real showers and real restrooms, RV power and water hookups, nature walks, and for the first time, an Italian style beach club with lounging, swimming, sunbathing and boat rides. Desert Daze 2018 will be an enveloping, self-contained world, but a short drive to the modern conveniences of civilization.
General Admission and VIP pass options go on sale Friday, March 30th at 10am Pacific Standard Time. Visitor (or General Admission passes) start at $249. Camping and lodging experiences will also be available for purchase through a new user platform via Eventbrite, that allows fans to easily navigate and quickly find the option that works best for them.
Additional features include:
- Alternative Programming in the Theater, featuring various films, talks, workshops, and more.
- Immersive art installations: There will be a plethora of amazing art installations from local and national artists to be announced.
- Meditation: Different instructors will lead group meditation sessions inside the Mystic Bazaar.
- Yoga: Each morning in the campgrounds different instructors will lead yoga for those who need a good stretch after a long day/night of festivaling.
- Massage: The Mystic Bazaar in the campgrounds will have a massage therapist open all weekend.
- Sound baths: Sound baths will be scheduled throughout the weekend inside the Mystic Bazaar. In between bands you can recalibrate your cellular makeup by being blasted with sonic vibrations.
- Speed Boat Rides Around the Lake
- Peddle Boats
NEW FOR 2018:
- Sunrise Set on Monday morning
- Large Sandy Beach, Lake, and Island
- Beach Club
- Sprawling Lawns
- Tons of Shade and Trees
- Tons of Seating
- Virtually No Dust
- Bikes OK
- Boat Rides Around the Lake and Island
- Tons of Paved Parking Lots close to the entrance of the festival
- MASSIVELY improved VIP parking experience: Lot 9 for VIP guests is right in front of the box office.
- There are hundreds of vehicle camping spaces available with parking @ your site (some come with power and water hookups).
- Additionally, there’s plenty of room for thousands of tent campers in the “in between areas” which are beautiful grass lawns or soft earth. Parking for these spaces are located near the group campsites.
- RV camping spots come w/ Power and Water hookups
- REAL Hot Showers and REAL Flushable Toilets throughout all campgrounds.
- Drinking Fountains throughout park and campgrounds
- BBQs / Firepits (Fires OK)
- Picnic Tables
- Dumping Station for Grey Water
The fest comes on the heels of the current Desert Daze Caravan featuring Ariel Pink, DIIV, Nick Hakim, Suuns, JJUUJJUU, L.A.Witch and Suuns. You can find out more and grab tickets below.
4.27.18 – Austin, TX @ Empire Control Room & Garage # – TICKETS
5.1.18 – Dallas, TX @ Canton Hall – TICKETS
5.3.18 – Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall – TICKETS
5.4.18 – Santa Fe, NM @ Meow Wolf – TICKETS
5.5.18 – Phoenix, AZ @ The Van Buren – TICKETS
5.6.18 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues – San Diego – TICKETS
5.8.18 – San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theatre – TICKETS
5.10.18 – Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom – TICKETS
5.11.18 – Seattle, WA @ The Neptune – TICKETS
5.12.18 – Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom – TICKETS
5.15.18 – Santa Barbara, CA @ SOhO Restaurant and Music Club – TICKETS
5.16.18 – Tijuana, B.C. @ Black Box – TICKETS
5.17.18 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern – TICKETS
5.18.18 – San Luis Obispo, CA @ Fremont Theater ** – TICKETS
5.19.18 – Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst ** – TICKETS
# WITH L.A. WITCH
** WITHOUT SUUNS
Photo of Tame Impala by Natalie Somekh